Our Services Include The Tools Necessary To...
- more deeply understand, accept, and use positive personal characteristics and natural strengths to his/her advantage.
- adopt a more effective way to learn and operate in life
- build confidence through taking actions that provide successful outcomes
- learn when/how to ask for the help necessary to stay on track at school
- develop the habit of keeping up with school work, sticking to a routine, and homework/project planning
- organize techniques of not forgetting or losing keys, phone, wallet, books, binders and homework
BEHIND THE WHEEL WITH ADHD:
THE Seminar TO Guide Parents and Driving Ed Professionals on the challenges faced when teaching defensive driving to teens and young adults with ADHD
What Does Behind the Wheel with ADHD Offer?
You will learn how to implement specific strategies to create a safer trip on the road for the teenage driver with attention deficits.
Parents will leave the training with a new set of tools to support their teenage driver as he or she learns to drive and manage distractions, impulsivity, and other impediments to safe driving.
You will benefit from the research done on how drivers with ADHD can create a set of routines that eliminate many of the risky behaviors associated with ADHD and driving.
We will walk you through the steps necessary to set up and manage an effective pre-trip checklist and to create and use an effective Driver’s Log to record driving experiences for post-trip discussion with your teen.
We provide the tools necessary to start a Graduated License Plan immediately for your new driver based on the prototype developed by a well-respected ADHD researcher.
You will learn the impact your teen’s medication has on the effectiveness of his or her driving and some specific ways you can help him or her manage the medication protocol to mitigate risks.
If you have a teen with ADHD/Executive -functioning challenges, or you are a professional in the field of driver education , Behind the Wheel with ADHD may be the ideal choice for you as you try to make positive choices to improve safety on the road.